Saturday, September 19, 2009

Soccer Time, Go Lightning!

Calli and I had our first soccer game today! It was supposed to be the first last weekend but it got postponed due to rain. So this morning we both got dressed in our uniforms and headed to the field to make our 10am game. I was a little nervous to coach a game for the first time and Calli was really excited to play again. I had all ten kids there and the game went great. They actually play two 3v3 games side by side. My assistant coaches one field with five kids and I coach the other. The kids all had a great time and they did so well, I was so proud! It was fun to see them in the game because they all did so great. I was surprised by a few of the players who seem to hold back in practices, but were aggressive and scoring goals in the games. Calli did score quite a few goals herself and I found that I liked the 3v3 format. The kids get more playing time and more touches on the ball. We are looking forward to our next game in a week!
Calli and I outside getting ready to leave for the game
We were happy that my dad got to be here for Calli's first game in the ACYSO. I think he enjoyed watching her play.
Calli took a photo of us - not too bad!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger