Monday, October 18, 2010

Fresh Air!!

My absolute favorite time of the year is autumn.  We don't actually have much of a fall and it takes longer to get here, but I just love this season!  It is the beginning of the holiday season and there is so much anticipation of all the fun in store for the next few months.  The air starts to turn crisp and I am in heaven (kind of ).  The air doesn't feel fresh to me at any point between May to September.  We can't even open our windows at 3am because it's still humid and warm out.  The humid air makes it hard for me to breathe, but the cool, crisp air that fall brings here at night is what I live for.  I love to be able to wake up and open my sliding glass door at 7am and know that it is cool enough for a little bit at least to enjoy the air.  We can spend more time out of doors without dissolving into pools of sweat.  I have been avoiding the park and backyard for the last half year because it's just too darn hot.  Now I am having fun because all my kids are finally at the age where I can take them to the park and let them free with minimal intervention.  Jameson is still pretty young of course, but I don't have to follow his every move anymore.  I definitely watch him, but I don't have to hover and I love that.  I can park my butt on a bench, preferably in the shade, and just watch my kids have fun and get some much needed exercise.

So we have been enjoying our nice evenings for the last few weeks and letting the kids out in the backyard.  It shades over nicely and is just so enjoyable to be outside with them.  I am eagerly waiting for it to cool off even more.  80s are better than 100s, but I need some 70s in my life!!

The girls were playing so nicely together this day!

 Look how hard that boy is cheesin' for the photo!
 I love my blue-eyed, blonde haired beauties.  How did we get so lucky!!?


No comments:

Powered By Blogger