Monday, October 18, 2010

Six Flags Halloween

Check out BATARINA!
Let me just say, Six Flags itself is not the best theme park.  So you can imagine my absolute shock when we attended their Halloween festivities and they were less than stellar.  I was pretty bummed because I was expecting more.  For these kinds of things, I think you either go big or don't bother at all: no need to make half an effort because that's a pretty good way to lose customers.  I am wondering if Six Flags everywhere are this lame?  Because as far as I'm concerned, if I never step foot in another one of their parks, I am totally fine with that.  I know the kids have fun and that's important, but when you pay for two adult passes I think that it's only fair that the adults should enjoy it too.

On the plus side, the park was not crowded at all and there wasn't much wait for rides and activities.  And we managed to only spend $6 the whole day!  You can't really beat that.  We had lunch before we left and only bought two soda refills and some popcorn for a show we didn't end up watching.

There wasn't too many events planned and some of them not suitable for little kids.  Oh and the kicker: they have a haunted house but they charge you $5...on top of the admission you already bought!  I previously thought Sea World's Halloween activites were a little lame, but I retract those statements.  They were much better than anything we did yesterday.  And at least their haunted house was free with admission.

We started with what I mistakenly thought would be some trick or treating and turned out to be a very short line to say hi to Scooby Doo and have him hand the kids a goody bag.
As you can see, Serena was a big fan!
Next we slowly made our way across the park, figuring out what we wanted to see and do.

We decided to go on the carasol to kill some time before a show started

The show turned out to be a bust.  We got there twenty minutes in advance and waited around.  When the show finally started the kids got spooked and the little ones started crying.  I made everyone hightail it out of there.  Despite the fact that the employee just outside the door promised that that was the scariest part, I still decided it was best to leave.  Why chance it?  I personally did not want to be dealing with 2am nightmares.  Richard thought we should have gone back in, but I really didn't want to do it.  So we just left.  Outside the building Jameson spotted Daffy Duck and started going crazy pointing at him, so Richard took him over to meet the duck.
And then Tweety showed up and we had to meet her too!
Then Calli, Richard and Jameson went on a fun swing ride.  I love the photo of Jameson and Richard, it is so sweet!  And Calli made a new friend while she was waiting in line (surprise!) so they decided to ride together.

We hung out in Wiggles World for awhile and watched that show to erase the memories of the creepy show before :).  The kids played in the little park they have there before we decided to go watch the Looney Tunes Dance show.  That was a really cute one, but too short!  The kids all got to get up and dance with the characters.  We actually had to coerce Calli to get out there and if you can believe it, she was shy at first.  But once she opened up she really got into it and loved dancing.  Jameson even went out there with her!  She gave him a hug and started dancing with him, it was so sweet.  Of course I couldn't convince Serena to go out there...I'm not sure I even tried.
Here are the girls waiting for the show to start.  We got front row seats!
Crazy hair!!

We decided it was time to head home after the Looney Tunes show.
(Dear Richard: next time you take a photo of us can you tell me that 1) I look fat in the picture and 2) Calli's eyes are closed...instead of snapping the picture, looking at it and announcing it "cute".  Clearly we have differing opinions on what constitutes a "cute" photo.  That is all.)

1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

You so totally don't look fat, if you want to see what fat looks like I will send you a photo of myself!!!
I had a dream last night you were pregnant with twins!!!! Funny huh!!
Looks like you guys had some halloween fun!!!
Miss you!

Powered By Blogger