Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mama's Little Boy

Jameson got ahold of my iPhone yesterday, which is not a rare occurance.  The boy has decided that he likes all things electronic lately, including my phone, camera and video camera.  I made the mistake of letting him have my camera once and now he thinks it is his.  But I digress.

After swipping my phone he managed to unlock the keys and turn my iPod on.  Before long there was music spilling from the tiny speakers and I had a little boy dancing to the tunes.  I love his moves; when he hears the music he immediately looks up at me with a huge smile and starts bouncing up and down without moving his feet.  It is one of the cutest things ever!!  So yesterday I decided to dance with him.  I picked him up and swung him around in circles, I did the "Jameson" (bouncing) and we held hands and had fun.  His laugh was real and infectious and I found myself flashing forward to a time in the distant future, which I'm sure will be here sooner than I want.  I saw us dancing at his wedding someday, his hands now bigger than mine, his face looking down at me instead of up and the silly baby bouncing gone from his step.  It's hard to imagine him growing up into a man, but he will someday no longer be my little boy.  He is mischievious and naughty as all get out, but he is all mine right now.  Someday I will have to share him with another woman and I'm sure it will be difficult.

For now I will just enjoy our impromptu dance sessions and games of chase as he runs around holding something he isn't supposed to have and I scramble to take it away.  He had his first haircut today and it seems like another step toward growing up.

I had trouble getting a good "before" shot.  He wanted to be behind the camera instead of in front of it and I have a terrible camera anyhow.  So getting the right photo was impossible and this was the best I could do.  His hair had become very wavy and stuck out on the sides and he had one long strand in the back that everyone always commented on.
 He wasn't very happy when the lady started cutting his hair!!  It was kind of funny though because he wasn't freaking out or becoming hysterical, he was just calmly crying.
 After awhile he decided it wasn't really so bad, especially since Yo Gabba Gabba was on the TV in front of him.
 And here is the finished product!!  It was still a little wet so it was hard to tell what it's going to look like, but I can see it looks much more polished.  He looks so grown up now!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger