Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome to the third trimester!

Yes, I have made it through two trimesters and only have one left to go.  Today marks 27 weeks (or six months if you'd rather).  December 1st.  Not that the baby will actually come on that day.  I am anticipating him/her to be a few days late at least.  But I also recognize that I have been more active and healthier with this pregnancy than I have with any of my others so maybe that will help?  All I know is, babies come when they are ready!!  I am just glad that I am due at the beginning of the month and not the end because I really wouldn't want a birthday that close to Christmas.

I have been feeling exceptionally good this time around, as far as pregnancies go.  I don't feel super tired and fatigued like I always have.  I really and truly think this is because I have stayed active.  Although I have given up running (thanks mostly to the brutal South Texas heat), I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do an hour of cardio each time.  I also did yoga yesterday for the first time in about two months.  I am hoping to go more often now.  The class really made me aware of just how big I am getting and how unnatural it feels to carry this extra weight around my midsection!  It's getting hard to manuveur my body in certain ways and especially hard to pick things up (like the toys I am constantly getting off the floor!).  My kids don't always appreciate the bump and will plop down on my lap unexpectedly, jolting my hard stomach.  Ouch!

Jameson is becoming aware of the changes.  He is talking more and more these days, which is so fun.  When we ask him where the baby is he comes and lifts my shirt up to see my belly.  He used to lift his own shirt up when we asked about the baby, but I think he's come to realize he doesn't have a baby of his own there ;).  For her part, Serena keeps asking when the baby is coming.  That is pretty much the only question she has about the whole thing.  She seems pretty excited for another baby and has requested a sister.  Although when we were talking yesterday she came to the conclusion on her own that if we had a boy we'd have two boys and two girls and that would be fun!  I keep telling her we don't get to choose and either one is great.  And Calli can't wait to help take care of the baby.  She adores babies and I'm sure will be great with her new sister or brother as she always has been.  It's when they get older that they start to get on her nerves ;).

So just 91 days to go!  Not that I'm counting or anything.  Not that I'm envisioning a delicious margarita waiting for me immediately after giving birth.  Not that I'm wanting to get back in shape again or anything.  Of course, the thing I am most looking forward to is meeting our brand new little one.  The three most amazing moments in my life have been laying eyes on our children for the first time.  There is truly no other time that can compare to it.  I feel excited and lucky to get to experience it once more, but sad because I know it will be the last.

So for those that do not have Facebook, here is a semi recent photo of me.  I was 25 weeks pregnant!  Sorry it is terrible quality and one of those annoying self portraits taken in a mirror, but it was the best I could do!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger