Friday, November 20, 2009

Losing the Baby Weight

I've always been a slim person. I think I had a pair of size 0 pants in high school. I played soccer and even though I ate like crap, I was just lucky to have physical activity (and good genes!) to keep me skinny. Being pregnant three times has not been kind to my body; I don't think it's kind to any woman's body! But I have struggled with it the last four years and I've often felt trapped in a body I didn't feel like I belonged in. It wasn't me! I hung onto ten pounds after having Calli and that stuck around until I got pregnant with Serena two years later. I was able to quickly (and unhealthily I will admit!) get back down to that weight, but then I got pregnant again. And let me tell you; having two babies in a year does absolutely NOTHING for your figure.
So this time I got serious. I have been going to the gym four times a week and trying to eat better. But I am not going to go down paths that I have been down before with food and I'm trying really hard to maintain eating habits. I will not starve myself. I will not deny myself the big family dinners I make. If I cook something for my family, you better believe that I am going to sit down and eat with them. I'm not going to cook myself some low fat crap and eat it at the counter while they all enjoy the good stuff. So it's a given that I'm not going to lose the weight as fast as I might like. But you know what? I have been losing it. I weigh less than I have in years and am just two pounds from what I was pre-Calli. I have seven total pounds I want to lose to get to my goal weight and I will celebrate. It is so close I can taste it. I am proud of myself for doing it, for sticking with working out and for being successful. It's a good day when your size 6 jeans are feeling loose. For me, it means I'm almost there.

1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

I know what you mean, Ian and Cadey right after eachother about killed my body but here I am slimmer and trimmer than I have ever been even in high school. I have never been super skinny and I am not right now, but I feel healthy and I feel good about how I look. I am with you, I want to eat good!! For me it's about portion control and cutting down not out on treats!! Congrats, you always look good to me though!!!

miss you!

Powered By Blogger