Monday, May 3, 2010

Great Wolf Lodge Part II

Sorry it has taken so long for me to post the follow up to our vacation!  I have two more days to tell you about and hopefully I can remember what we did since it's been a few weeks now :).

Wednesday morning we woke up and went to breakfast as usual.  I tried to get some photos in places that we had taken photos in last year.  I have a picture of the girls and me on this bench from a year ago with the beautiful fountain in the background, but for some reason it didn't work out too well this time.  You can see us okay but no fountain.
After breakfast instead of heading to the waterpark we decided to spend the morning at the arcade downstairs.  We had the place to ourselves and the kids enjoyed playing all the games (and Mom and Dad had a little fun too!).  Here are Richard and the kids playing the dancing game.
The little ones were more than ready for a nap after that and so Richard took Calli to the water park while I stayed in the hotel with the napping babies.  They had a blast going on all the water slides a zillion times.  Serena and Jameson got in a good two hour nap and when they woke up we also went to the water park.  Calli was being daring this day and really loved getting under the huge bucket of water and having it dumped on her head.
Serena and Jameson had fun in the kiddie pool again and Calli came to play for a bit too.
Calli loved going down these water slides.  They started in the same place so she always wanted one of us to go and race down with her.  The first time I went with her I felt like she was the Mommy and I was the child.  She instructed me which tube I should go down and that we would meet at the bottom.  When we got there and got out I told her I was going to go back to the kiddie pool and send Daddy to play with her.  Her response?  "Did you have fun Mommy?"  "Yes Calli I did".  "Good".
Jameson was very daring.  I think we have another water lover!
By the time we were done with the waterpark for the day it was getting late and close to dinner.  We decided to stick to the hotel tonight and got pizza from the Pizza Hut in the lobby.  It happens to be right next to the bakery and Serena seemed to love this bear.
This is the restaurant on the 3rd floor that we had dinner at the first night.  We went back for dessert on Wednesday night.  We remembered their yummy fondue from last visit.  Chocolate fondue with marshmellows, graham crackers, strawberries and bananas for dipping!
And of course we ended the evening with our final storytime.  How sad!
The girls enjoying their show on the top bunk.
Jameson wanted to hang with the girls but he's a little too young to get up on the top!
Thursday morning was bittersweet.  It had been a fun vacation, but it's always sad to see the fun end.  We ate breakfast at the buffet one last time, followed by the show and Wolf Walk in the lobby.
Just like last year, we got a family picture in front of the great fireplace in the lobby.  Would have been perfect if Jameson was looking at the camera!
We packed up our things, loaded the car and got on our bathing suits for a few last hours at the waterpark.  Richard and Calli rode the slides and I stayed with Jameson and Serena (I decided not to get in my bathing suit that day).  The little ones were being so sweet.
And here we are on our way out of the hotel.  I had to get pictures of everything I forgot!  Like these garbage cans/recycling cans.
And this wolf!
And the super cute bench!
And lastly, the view of the waterpark from the hotel lobby.  Hopefully we will be back again someday!!  What a fun vacation.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger