Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 2

#1 - My sister...because I told her that I would make her my thankful thing for today!!  Haha...but seriously, I am very thankful and happy to have Allison in my life.  Having a sister is great.  You have a built in girlfriend for life!  Every woman should be so lucky to have one.  I get to have two (but I will save the second sister for another day!).

My sister has gone through a lot in the last few years.  Being her BIG sister I feel protective of her of course and I hate that I live so far away and can't do any protecting.  I am excited for the day we will get to see each other on a regular basis and shop, get drinks, etc.  We have a lot of catching up to do!!  I'm lucky to have quite a few great memories with my sister.  She came to live with us for about three months right before I got pregnant with Serena.  We had way too much fun shopping all the time (Richard loved that!!) and eating Blasts from Sonic.  We literally had those nearly every night.  I remember Richard would go upstairs to put Calli to bed and Allison and I would sneak out the door and go to Sonic.

I could write pages and pages of memories, but I'll just leave it at that for now.  Allison is very special to me and although our lives are busy and we don't get to talk as much as we'd like, she is in my thoughts every day and I am so very grateful to call her my sister.

#2 - COFFEE!!

I haven't always been a big coffee drinker.  Up until last year I was just a mocha-from-Starbucks kinda girl.  Two Christmases ago I bought Richard a Keurig and after awhile I discovered the mocha k-cups.  Those were great!  Then, not long before I got pregnant with Bryson, I discovered the joy of regular coffee.  I had no idea I could add Splenda and creamers to it and it would taste amazing!!  I would literally go to bed at night thinking about how wonderful my hot cup of coffee was going to be in the morning.  During my pregnancy I pretty much gave up coffee because of my aversion to it.  After Bryson came I depended on coffee to get me through the day.  Sometimes when I get up to feed him at 2am I think about my wonderful cup of coffee that I will be drinking in just a few hours.  Sometimes it's the reason I get out of bed.  It might be silly, but it makes me happy.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger