Monday, March 2, 2009

Sick!

When we get sick in this house, we tend to pass the cold around at least twice before finally letting it die. This latest round has been no exception! Serena started it as usual, which I never understand because she is the baby and the one who is least around other germy kids. Anyhow, she got a cold and slight cough while Calli just caught a cough and mostly just at night. They were finally 100% better when I came down with something and was absolutely miserable last week. I finally broke down and got some cold medicine (I have been forced to take more medicine than I am comfortable with this pregnancy so I had hoped to avoid it the rest of the way) and felt a LOT better. Meanwhile, Saturday night our poor baby girl is up coughing really bad and just not feeling well. Now Calli has an actual cold and I am wondering when my second round will start! I was just starting to feel better too. Richard says he felt it coming on a bit yesterday as well. This is the one part I hate about winter (even though we can hardly say it is winter when it was 91 degrees out the other day!). I hate all the sickness and germs that get spread. Calli was always an extremely healthy child, I think she had maybe one cold in her first year of life. And we have been fortunate because the worst illness she has had is a cold. But ever since we added one more to our family we can't seem to stay healthy very long!

Despite our illnesses we still had a great weekend! Richard took Friday off and the whole family came to my doctor's appointment that morning, where we got to hear baby brother's heartbeat. After, we went to lunch at Red Robin and then onto InflatableWonderland where Calli jumped her little heart out for a few hours. On Saturday afternoon we headed to the mall to pick up the Valentine's Day pictures we had taken at Sears. We also did some shopping, mostly for the kids. The Children's Place has the most wonderful selection of dresses for little girls and I had to refrain from purchasing all of them. I ended up buying the girls' Easter dresses and another dress for Calli. I am so glad to have a daughter that is a major girly girl and loves wearing pretty dresses; it makes shopping so much fun! (I am sure Richard will agree ;) ).

On Sunday we decided to head to Sea World. It had opened for the first time this year on Saturday and we knew we wanted to get season passes again. I will admit, having Sea World right in your backyard (we are parked there and out of the car ten minutes after leaving our house) is fantastic! The only thing better might be Disneyland. Anyhow, the weather was a bit chilly and windy when we went into the park, but heated up just perfectly throughout the day - not too hot and not too cold, which was a relief! It was also not crowded at all and that was SO nice. It was pretty much the perfect Sea World experience! Calli went on some kiddie rides, we saw the penguins, Seals/Sea Lions and Alligators, had lunch and ice cream and just walked around enjoying ourselves. Next weekend a few Sesame Street characters are going to be performing so we are looking forward to seeing that.

And here are some pictures from our fantastic weekend!
A preview of the girls' Easter dresses




Entering Sea World for the first time in 2009!

Serena wanted to stretch her legs too!
Calli playing in the HUGE sandbox
Serena playing on the grass. Don't worry baby girl, some day you will be able to play with Big Sister in the sand!
Calli with the candy cane outside Shamu's Candy Harbor - yum!
Calli and the penguins. These were the puffin penguins which we all agreed looked like ducks
Calli just has a few inches to grow before being tall enough for this terrifying roller coaster ride!
Visiting with the alligators
Calli and Mommy looking at the seals and sea lions
Feeding the seals and sea lions. Calli decided she wanted to feed them and when I walked up to buy the food I wasn't sure really what I was expecting. I was handed a tray of four dead fish and held them as far away from me as I could. I figured Calli would never in a million years touch one of those, but she surprised me. After a bit of coaxing she took one by the tail and immediately threw it over (before I could get a picture). She refused to touch any more though so it was Richard who did the rest.
Serena snoozing
Calli going on the drop ride all by herself! Yes, I was a little nervous.
Ice cream break! (which was a churro break for Daddy and cheerio break for Serena)
Calli and the giraffes
The girls and the clydesdale
Goodbye Sea World, see you soon! (I love how bummed Calli looks!)
A very happy baby to be going home!

2 comments:

dennisandsong said...

looks so fun!

Berni Blog said...

First I must say that every sickness that comes through this house goes around a few times too! Monica has been a surprisingly healthy little girl especially considering how small she was at birth! She got her first really scary illness the other day when she was up all night with a fever of 104, I was terrified!

On to Sea World...okay, so you live in hell but I don't have sea world anywhere near my hell! I have to drive for hours and hours just to get to somewhere decent for fun. The closest is the San Francisco Zoo, which I love (I am really just a big kid at heart) and we are going to take Monica once the weather warms up, in S.F. I mean, here it is gonna hit the 70's soon so it is like 50 in S.F.

I love that you have such a girly girl! I'm so surprised she touched the first dead cold fish (and not surprised at all that she was fine with daddy doing the rest) I bet you your son will try to put on in his sister's pants when he is old enough...

Powered By Blogger