Monday, March 30, 2009

You Are Invited!


Well this is it! The beginning of Serena's 1st Birthday week. It is so weird to sit and think back to what I was doing last year at this time and realize that we were a family of three. What was life like without her smiling face and sweet hugs? She is growing into such a little person, and a fun one at that, but I will save all that for her special "birthday blog" on Saturday.

So we've sent out the few invitations we planned and have bought the birthday supplies and are just waiting for the big day now. I made a practice cake, which ended up being a complete disaster, but that is why I do it! So I know better what to do next time. Elmo is harder to decorate than Calli's ladybug cake was because there are more colors and details, but I am sure I can pull it off. And if not, at least it will taste yummy, right!?

There is still birthday present shopping to do this week and I'm thankful that Serena is so young that I can just take her with me. We have a few thoughts about what we want to get her and are thinking of doing a big combined birthday present for her and Calli's June birthday as well. We will see!

Anyhow, we have lots of exciting things coming up in the next few weeks. Calli begins soccer with a Wednesday evening practice this week and then her first game on Saturday (it will sure be a busy day!). Obviously, that is Serena's birthday and we have many plans for that, including a traditional lunch visit to Red Robin for her free birthday burger! Can you believe that little girl can finish a whole meal herself? She eats more than her big sister! Sunday we have the Easter egg hunt that our HOA puts on down at the park. Since Serena will be one she can participate as well! It will be really fun. The following weekend we are going to Disney on Ice and then of course, it's Easter on Sunday. It's so bizarre how Serena's birthday fell this year. She will turn one BEFORE she celebrates her first Easter holiday. And then next year her birthday is actually on Easter. But that's what happens when you have an early April birthday!

I haven't taken many pictures this week, but here are the couple that I have:


On Friday the girls and I went to a big consignment sale that is held twice a year here. It was fun, but I am a very picky consignment shopper so I didn't find much. There were a couple free activities for kids, including face painting and a train ride. Calli decided she wanted to be a cat!
Serena is just hanging out!
These shoes were my great find of the day; they were just $5 and in really good shape and oh-so-cute! I just love them! She is still in size 3s, which she has been for awhile now so I just know in the next few days her feet will grow out of these :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger