Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We just wanted to take a moment to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, especially the two most important ones in our life; our mothers, the ones who gave birth to us, who raised us, who support us and love us unconditionally. I don't think that there are two better moms on the face of this planet and we love you more than you will ever know. Happy Mother's Day, today and every day. Thanks for everything.
Richard and Mom
Nicole and Mom
As one of my favorite sayings goes: "Great moms get promoted to Grandma"

Grandma Molly with Calli and Serena
Grandma Keri with Calli and Serena
Although I know I am a mom (times two!) I still don't feel like this day is about me. Maybe I will feel like it's my day thirty years from now after I have raised my kids. Nonetheless, this is my FOURTH Mother's Day and all of them have been wonderful. I have the best kids I could imagine. I bought Calli a book called "The Berenstein Bears and the Mama's Day Surprise" awhile back. When she was told that Mother's Day was approaching she wanted to do exactly what the kids did for the mother in that book: make blueberry pancakes for Mom in bed. So although it wasn't much of a surprise when she walked into my room this morning holding a paper plate with a blueberry pancake she had proudly helped Daddy make, it was the best present I could have asked for.
Here is a picture of the day I became a mother
And here is a picture of the day I became a mother for the second time
This is probably my favorite picture of my kids and me. Serena was two and a half months old and Calli was nearly three.
Finally, a recent picture of my kids and me. We have all grown so much! Pretty soon we'll have another little one to be celebrating the holidays with.

1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

Happy Mother's Day!! Soon it will be mother for a third time!!! YAY!! You will do great! Thanks for your mother's day note, you are one of the best moms I know as well!!!

Powered By Blogger