Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Waiting Game...


Well we are just sitting around waiting for our baby to make his appearance! We haven't been up to too much because there is no use making plans when at any moment I could go into labor (wishful thinking!!). Memorial Day was my due date and it came and went. We decided to bbq that night, which luckily turned out better than our Friday night bbq! To kick off the weekend we had decided to barbecue some delicious chicken and corn on the cob to go with the roasted potatoes I make in the oven. The weather seemed nice enough, the sun was out and we saw some dark clouds nearby, but the forecast never said anything about rain. We were watching the kids run around in the backyard and just enjoying the evening. We had decided to come inside and not five minutes later Richard looked out the window and noticed it had started sprinkling. Not long after that the downpour started with the wind whipping the rain hard into our sliding glass door. Next the hail came: yes HAIL! We have noticed that it never just rains here in San Antonio; it is always accompanied by some severe weather like thunderstorms, hail or tornado watches. I am sure there is an explanation for this, but I don't really know what it is. As they say in Texas, if you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes and it will change. So anyhow, we had already had the barbecue going and with no awning of any kind for it to go under, it sat out in the rain. Richard braved the sheets of water a couple times to check on the food and each time reported it was still warm and cooking. When we finally brought it in, it was pretty near perfect (a few minutes in the oven and it was done!). So we lucked out on that! Of course soon after we finished eating the skies cleared back up :).


So on Monday we decided to try our luck again and bbq just some burgers, but that is always yummy! Earlier in the day we had taken a trip to a duck pond about ten minutes away. I had taken the girls there once, last August right before Calli broke her arm. This time was more fun because Serena could enjoy it too. Calli loved feeding the ducks and Serena just was amazed by them and loved to stare. After enjoying the pond and ducks we had a picnic lunch at the tables and then the kids played in the park for a bit. It was a really fun day, but I was hoping to go into labor :)


So now here I sit, three days overdue and no sign of a baby!! I do, however, have an induction date scheduled for next Tuesday. I really, really, really do not want to be induced so I am saying my prayers that this baby decides to come on his own. Serena played a similar trick on me, making me go through the process of scheduling my induction and then deciding to just come on her own that same day! So I am hoping that this one will do the same, or better yet, come earlier! We are ready and waiting for you baby! For some reason, all my babies make themselves extra comfy and cozy in my belly and seem to not want to leave. I like to tell myself that I just make an extra hospitable and loving environment for them, but I think the real reason is that they don't want to give up getting a piece of all the sweets I indulge in ;).

No comments:

Powered By Blogger