Thursday, July 22, 2010

Six Flags

We got season passes to Six Flags this year instead of Sea World.  We have been twice and I don't have the best reviews of it.  It's not very clean, customer service is SO SLOW with EVERYTHING.  It is ridiculous.  I could write a whole novel about that.  Most employees I've come across are rude and unfriendly.  But it is something to do on the weekends and if you go once, you might as well get a season pass because it's almost the same price.  I guess I just get bored of these theme parks too.  I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND.  Sorry.  That just slipped in there.  Anyway, I got bored of Sea World after having passes there the last two years and so we thought we might try something new this year.  I wasn't very impressed with Six Flags, especially not the part where I walked in the park, had to go to the bathroom and found out the restrooms were marked ONLY in Spanish, forcing me to look at the gender of the people entering each restroom to figure out where to go.  Yeah, that did not make me a happy camper.  And what FAMILY theme park allows SMOKING in designated areas?  Six Flags Fiesta Texas, that's who.  Obviously there's no invisible wall keeping the smoke from traveling and one area is actually IN Wiggles World, a kids place!  Not to mention people just walk around with cigarettes anyway.

Six Flags has a water park and a Wiggles World with rides for little kids, so it's pretty comparable to Sea World.  Just not as clean and not as close to our house and no animals.  But like I said, it's something to do.  We spend most of the time in the water park though because it's too hot to be out in the sun all day walking around.  The only problem is the water is warm so that doesn't really cool you off anyway.  Serena had fun this last weekend playing in the water.  She went in up to her neck and loved it.  She sure has changed!  Jameson didn't want much to do with the water, especially after I tried to make him wear a life vest.  Calli of course wanted to go down all the little slides and get water dumped on her head because she is my fish.

This was on our first trip to Six Flags when my dad was visiting.  Here is Calli with Looney Tunes characters.
Calli and Serena waiting for the kiddie ferris wheel.  I already knew not to ride this because it takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R, but by the time I got to my dad and the girls they were already boarding it.  It is so boring because it constantly stops to let people on and off and seriously takes about twenty minutes.  I think they learned their lesson and we always skip it.
Riding the train that they wouldn't let Jameson on because he wasn't walking proficiently yet.  And they were kind of rude about it.  Oh and they wouldn't let Serena ride up front with Calli, she had to be with me.
Family photo in front of a waterfall
Strawberry ride!
And these photos are from our trip to the park last weekend.  Here's Calli, Jameson and me with Scooby.  I didn't even ask Serena because I knew.
My boys sweating it out
Roller coaster!  I took Serena on and she was not a fan.
The most boring car ride EVER.  It was so slow and we were sitting in the sun the whole time.  It was a little miserable, but at least Jameson could go on and had fun.
Bumper cars!  Calli and I kicked butt.  I hit my knee on the steering wheel during when we were coming to a stop at the end though and have a nasty bruise.  I didn't think I hit that hard!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger