Friday, July 23, 2010

Where a kid can be a kid...

Today we took a trip to one of our favorite places: Chuck E. Cheese!  The kids love it because, well it's CHUCK E. CHEESE.  And I love it because they really have the best salad bar.  I'm serious, it's crazy good.

Anyhow, Calli's friend from preschool had a birthday party there today so I took all three kids and went to Chuck E. Cheese (from here on out referred to as CEC) by myself.  This is the first time I've done this since Jameson started walking and let me tell you, it was not easy.  I'm realizing that life is a little tougher since the little man has become mobile, but not quite old enough to be self sufficient.  Taking two to CEC was a piece of cake.  Calli is plenty old enough to run around on her own.  I give her 1-2 tokens at a time so she is constantly having to come back and check in if she wants more.  Even Serena I let roam on her own, though she tends to cling to me most of the time.  But Jameson needs to constantly be followed around.  He is definitely not content to sit in his stroller, he wants to be part of the action of such a fun place!  He watches all the other kids playing their games and even tries to join in (the basketball game is not safe with Jameson around trying to steal the balls!).  The air hockey table is also just his height to grab the paddles (or whatever those air hockey things are called, I am drawing a blank).  He enjoys playing in the toddler area and going down the slide, but it only holds his attention for so long before he wants to wander around the rest of the building again.  So I've finally come to the point where I have three kids running in three different directions and I will admit it is overwhelming!

I did manage to get Jameson to sit at the table for about an hour to eat lunch and do birthday festivities.  Usually as long as he has food in front of him he is happy.  He is turning into quite a handful I must say.  For Calli's birthday, I almost didn't ask Richard to come.  Stupid me!  I wasn't thinking how difficult it would be to have to deal with three kids and a birthday party!  Needless to say, when I changed my mind about wanting him there the night before, it was the best decision I could have made.  He chased Jameson around and played with Serena while I dealt with the birthday girl and guests.  And speaking of CEC, here are some pictures from Calli's birthday there that I never posted.  Enjoy!

The birthday girl on her birthday at CEC

The birthday table
Calli and my, I mean her cake.  I miss this cake.  We had good cake today, although not homemade.  I must say, if you are going to get a cake, Sam's Club does a much better job than HEB (their cakes are so dry).  It was actually really good and I'm pretty picky about store bought cakes!
Calli and Chuck!  See the empty seat on the bottom?  That held Serena, who promptly burst into tears and got out of there as fast as she could when that oversized mouse appeared.
Just look at the way she is waving to her adoring fans in this first picture.  She is eating it up.  She loves being the center of attention!

Calli has also decided she wants to have her next five birthdays at CEC.  Hey, that might not be such a bad idea!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger