Friday, April 24, 2009

Getting Close!

Tomorrow marks one month until my due date. I have always found the last month the toughest. I am ridiculously uncomfortable, always in some kind of pain and feel tired all the time. The only bright spot is remembering that it all goes away when the baby comes! Sure, I will be tired from lack of sleep, but it is a different kind of tired, one not so draining as the kind that pregnancy brings on. I am trying to enjoy the last little while I have though because this will probably be my last pregnancy and though it is always tough, I do find I miss it. Not to mention that babies are so much easier to take care of when they are in our bellies!

We have decided to take a little family vacation on Sunday. We found a really fun hotel in the Dallas area called Great Wolf Hotel and have booked a three night stay there. We have been up to the Dallas/Fort Worth area twice before, both times making the trip with just Calli before Serena was born. We really like it up there and are looking forward to the hotel fun as well as checking out some different suburbs. This will probably be our last chance to get away for awhile because the baby will be here soon and we will stuck around the house mostly. This is also our first real family fun vacation and so we are pretty excited. I'm a little bit nervous about the five hour car ride with Serena. See, we seem to get these babies that hate car rides! Calli hated the car as well until she was about two and finally calmed down. Now Serena is the exact same way and she will need constant entertainment. I am sure there will be a few pit stops along the way, which is why we are planning to leave early. We'll be returning home on Wednesday. We'll be sure and take lots of photos! Both the girls have their bathing suits now, Serena's I got at Gymboree last weekend and Calli's was bought yesterday at Target for $3! That was very exciting for me, especially considering I wasn't even trying to be really cheap with her suit. We just went to Target and I grabbed five or six cute suits I saw and we went and tried them on. The price tag said $12.99, which is not too bad for a bathing suit anyway, but it rang up $3.24, what a steal!! I am slightly embarrassed to say that Serena's suit cost seven times that!

So we have a very exciting and very, very busy month coming up with our trip, Richard's parents visiting next weekend, Calli's soccer games and swim lessons and of course, the new baby coming. I just hope he is a May baby and doesn't wait until June! It's not a big deal of course, but since that is already Calli's month I was hoping he could come in May (we'd have April, May and June babies).

Serena thought it would be a good idea to climb into the toy box. I think she was trying to get to the toys in the very back, however she ended up getting stuck and couldn't get out.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!! We went to the great wolf lodge in WA.. Evan loved it.. It was fun! How did the rest of your pics come out?? I think im getting some done soon! talk to you soon

Powered By Blogger