Friday, February 19, 2010

Botanical Gardens

Last weekend we made a trip to a botanical garden here. We go here 1-2 times a year when they have activities going on. We did their Halloween event two years in a row, but skipped this last year. It's a pretty place, but gardening is not really my thing. I can appreciate the beauty of the flowers and would love some color in my yard...but can someone else please come take care of it for me???
Anyway, there was a chocolate festival going on there that Saturday afternoon and after going to Valentine's Day storytime at the bookstore, we headed to the gardens for a treat. Unfortunately we caught the event at the tail end and didn't have much time to see and do everything. I tacked myself on the end of a line to get chocolate right away. We waited about fifteen minutes to get something. Calli got a banana dipped in chocolate, I got a brownie dipped in chocolate, Richard got a banana and Serena got the strawberry in chocolate (I should have just gotten the strawberry sans chocolate because she wouldn't eat it...seriously, she is not my child!!!!). We also had some hot chocolate and ganache (sp??). Yum!!
The girls found this little table while we were waiting in line.
Then they found this tree to run around.
Calli enjoying her hot chocolate
We headed over to a table for the kids to make Valentines next. They cut out hearts and put glue on the paper and sprinkled it with cocunut and chocolate shavings. They turned out pretty cute!

I can't remember the name of what this place was. But it had a cool waterfall!

I love people who see me taking a photo and volunteer to take all of our picture. Would have been really cute too if Jameson was LOOKING.
Playing in the water

Jameson wishing he could get out and join the fun. Soon enough you will be walking too little man!!
The girls
I made such an effort to get the perfect photo on this bench. I know, I know, impossible!! I always have Serena looking one way, Jameson looking the other, and Calli getting increasingly frustrated yelling out "cheeeeese" with a dopey grin on her face.
Richard and the girls in front of a water fountain
As we were getting ready to leave Calli was walking beside the stroller and holding Jameson's hand. I just thought that was really sweet. I am so lucky that I have two little girls who are such awesome big sisters. Hopefully Jameson appreciates that someday too!

1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

You are so good always taking your kids out and about doing quality fun things! What a great mom you are!!

Powered By Blogger