Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a really great Valentine's Day weekend. Saturday evening (February 13th) the YMCA had a Parent's Night Out from 6-10. I signed the kids up right when I heard about it of course!! When you don't have family in town that means there are very few date nights outside of the house. The YMCA we go to is so fantastic and their childcare is the best so we knew the kids would have a great time. They went to a PNO in December at Calli's preschool (it was put on by the church) and that was nice also, but it was unfamiliar to Serena so she wasn't a happy camper when we left her. This time I felt confident that we were leaving her in a familar setting and she was just fine and no tears were shed when we left. They had a fun night planned for the kids involving pizza, movies and lots of playtime.
Meanwhile, Richard and I had a fun night planned! We decided to see a movie for the first time in months in a theater and decided we didn't have time for dinner at a restaurant and then a movie at the theater. So we found a place closeby that serves dinner during a movie. It's not in the best part of town, but it wasn't too far and we wanted to check it out anyway. It wasn't what either one of us was expecting at all! When we first drove up, the place looked very small; not at all like a big movie theater! We bought tickets at the box office which was disconnected from the theater and then walked into the theater itself after. It was older and had a cool atmosphere, which is hard to describe. It had a bar and we went up and ordered drinks since we were about 45 minutes early for the movie. I got a terrible margarita (and I am STILL giving this place a good review!) and Richard just had a beer, hard to go wrong with that! We went to find seats in the theater after getting our drinks and I was surprised to see it wasn't full at all on a Saturday night. There were movie theater style chairs/rows with a bar tables in front of all the seats. A waiter came and took our order and checked on us throughout the movie. We got some really good chips and salsa and then pizzas, which were pretty decent also!
Overall I have to say, this is the first place here that I have thought "wow, I REALLY like this place". I really have nothing bad to say about it. It isn't all hoity toity like some other dinner/movie theaters, it's very laid back and very much our style. It's perfect for parents who have limited time to see a movie and eat or get drinks. There are way better quality theaters out there, but for what we were looking for, it was perfect.
Calli took our picture before we went out.
Sunday of course was Valentine's Day. We had bought the kids a few little things at Target and I bought some Valentine's paper to wrap them in. I thought about just doing the bags, but I know my kids and I know they like to rip open their presents.





The girls got dresses, Jameson got a new shirt (super cute, don't you think??) and then Serena got a book with stickers, Calli got a puzzle and Jameson got two trains. The girls also got some lollipops to share.
I love this photo. It needs no words, you just have to appreciate the expressions on their faces.

Serena had stickers in her new book and also some in her card and insisted on putting on each and every sticker right then and there. And of course she got mad at me when I tried to take her photo. My little drama queen!
And my sweet little boy. He is so laid back and go-with-the-flow. But do you really have much choice when you are child #3?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger