Wednesday, June 17, 2009

14 Days in the Life...

Well of course as I sat down to type this blog my baby, who was sleeping contentedly in his swing mere seconds ago, has started to fuss! I think babies have some kind of intuition where they know when you are getting ready to get something done and that is the moment they choose to act up!

Needless to say, I haven't had much chance to blog lately. We are adjusting to have three kids and to having a newborn in the house again. Our break from babyhood was extremely brief and my sink is again filled with bottles, the diaper holder stocked with newborn diapers and strewn about the house are various infant items. We are up to our ears in burp clothes, tiny pjs, onsies, formula, and baby poop (times two since Serena is still in diapers!!). It is taking time to adapt and I am wondering how I will ever manage to leave the house with three kids on my own, but I suppose someday it will happen.

Jameson sleeps a lot! It's too bad he wasn't our first baby because I could be getting a lot of quality naps. Instead I had Calli first and she literally NEVER slept! Serena was a great sleeper and he seems to be too. He sleeps a five hour stretch at night, eats and then goes back down for 2-3 more hours. Mornings are hard because it is just hard to get myself awake enough to function at first. I know if I can just make it through the first few hours in the morning the rest of the day will be fine.

We have had a few outings so far with Jameson. His first was to the bank, the party store and the pharmacy and he slept through the whole thing. He has also now been to Chuck E. Cheese! His first doctor's appointment was today and after an hour wait in the office we learned that he is a healthy 9 pound, 9.5 ounce little guy. He is just 21.5 inches long (although I'd swear he was longer!!) and the doctor thinks he looks great. He goes back in two weeks for his one month check up.

Richard has been home all this week and helping out tremendously, mostly with the girls. He takes them out to do fun things or plays with them. They love having Daddy home and will be sad when he returns to work next week, especially Serena. She is quite the Daddy's girl and will miss having him around.

So life is good! Everyone is healthy and happy. Calli is just in love with her baby brother. The first night we brought him home from the hospital she wouldn't leave him alone. She didn't even pay attention to her bedtime story because she was too busy loving on him. The next morning she was so anxious to hold and feed him finally. Now she loves to feed him and always asks if she can give him a bottle. She'll get mad sometimes when we tell her that I'm going to nurse him. Serena has reacted better than I expected her to! I thought there would be a lot of jealousy, but over the last month she has really become more independent. She didn't know what to make of this new baby at first, but she warmed up to him. She'll go up to him now and wave or pat him like she does the kitty. She has even given him a kiss once or twice!

Jameson turned two weeks old yesterday and this Friday will mark one week since he has been home. I keep thinking how strange it is to have only had him home for a few days but he is already two weeks old! Next week Grandma Keri is coming to visit (tomorrow is her birthday by the way, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!) and we can't wait. Calli will be having her 4th birthday on the 29th and her Hannah Montana (yes I finally gave in on that one!) party the evening before. That reminds me that I need to send out the invitations; I feel so behind on everything, but I suppose that is to be expected with all that is going on in our lives right now!

I'll leave you with photos from the last week. I am still trying to capture that perfect photo of Jameson to send out on the birth announcements, but so far haven't had too much luck.
We had dinner at Red Robin before going to pick up Jameson from the hospital last Friday evening (Serena had mac n cheese if you couldn't tell!)
Jameson in his carseat ready to get the heck out of the NICU! This took awhile. We got to the hospital about 7:30pm and didn't leave until after 10pm! There is a lot to do when you have a baby being discharged from NICU instead of the regular baby nursery.
The first morning we had baby Jameson home. Calli was so excited.
Calli had to give him his first feeding of the morning
Richard, the kids and the CAT
Our THREE kids!
I have been having a hard time getting the three of them together for a good picture. Calli is in her posing phase, where any time the camera comes out she makes a goofy face or tilts her head to the side. And Serena of course won't sit still long enough to have her photo taken.

Our sweet boy!
Calli and her baby brother
Serena absolutely loves Lizzie. She is in love with all cats really. If you show her a book with a cat in it she will scream excitedly and point to it. She just adores Lizzie and the feeling seems to be mutual. Lizzie will go up to Serena for attention is such a tolerant cat. I am just amazed at how she sits there and lets Serena pet her and hug her.
Serena thought all the baby stuff we brought out was for her. This chair actually is a baby chair and a toddler chair so I suppose they'll be sharing it!
Our little ones
Serena could eat all day every day if we let her. She had brought a small stool in the pantry and used it to stand on and reach some food. You would think we don't feed her or something!
And here she is after breakfast with cheerios stuck to her leg
Isn't Calli's 'do the best!
Serena was pushing Calli because she loves her so much!! Ahhh, sibling rivalry already!
Serena the cowgirl

My friend made these burp cloths for Jameson and they are so adorable!!
The girls on a ride at Chuck E. Cheese
Jameson and I met the rest of the family there after our appointment with the lactation consultant. He was all tuckered out!
Calli and Chuck
These are the kids cups they have now, too funny!

2 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

I loved seeing the pics! Keep them coming! I got tired just looking at all that's going on for you guys though! LOL guess it's my turn next!

dennisandsong said...

Looks like all is going well. Your kids are seriously so dang cute!! Jameson fits right in!! Hope you are feeling good and getting good sleep!!

Powered By Blogger