Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jameson Update

Jameson has been doing well in the hospital. He was recently moved from the NICU to the IMC part (Intermediate Care). That is where the babies go when they are getting close to going home. They took the the cannula off him so he is completely off the oxygen and doing just fine with that. All he is in the hospital for now is his antibiotics, which he gets three times a day. He had his lab work done yesterday and the tests came back indicating an elevated level of infection still. We were hoping he would be able to come home tonight on seven days of antibiotics, but he will have to have the full ten days and be there until Friday. He had a chest x-ray this morning and his lungs still look hazy and about the same as they did last week.

Other than all that, really he is doing just fine! He eats about four ounces every 3-4 hours and sleeps a lot. He loves when Mommy and Daddy come and visit and hold him. Today is his one week birthday!! It's hard to believe at this time last week he was just hours old. It's bittersweet because we have missed out on so much in his first week of life. But it won't be long now until he is home with us so that is what I try to keep focusing on. I have been going to the hospital at least once a day, the last couple days have been twice a day. Today I am extra anxious because I have had to wait all day! I have always gone sometime in the morning to see him so having to wait all day has been tough.

Here are some more pictures of him in the IMC. Richard and I got to go together to visit him yesterday. He came on his lunch break from work and I had a wonderful friend offer to watch the girls for me so I could be there.





1 comment:

Heather Guymon said...

These pics are just so sweet. I love the one of him staring up at you in the last pic. I HOPE and pray these next two days go by fast so you can have your sweet little angel home with you. Hang in there girl!

Powered By Blogger