Monday, June 29, 2009

Calli's 4th Birthday Party

Calli had her birthday party yesterday and it was a great success. By the end of the day we were all so exhausted but she had a fun time so it was all worth it. I went to the Party Store and Michael's around noon to get the balloon and other last minute things for cake decorating and party favors. When I returned we realized it was getting late and we should be getting everything ready! My mom was a huge help and I don't know how we could have pulled this off without her. I came home to a clean living room and her setting up the Hannah Montana decorations. She had baked the cake and cupcakes earlier that morning and decorated the cupcakes when I returned with the right tip for icing them. They came out so cute and of course I forgot to take a picture. Luckily we have quite a few left and are going to use them tonight to sing happy birthday to Calli again. I finished decorating everything and putting the party favors together and then around 2pm we started decorating the cake. It was harder than I thought it would be and I realized why I do practice cakes a few nights before! I have made three character cakes now and it was probably my worst one. When we were decorating I kept thinking it was going to turn out horrible, but actually once it was done it didn't look as terrible as I had envisioned.

I really had finished up just in time, got everything cleaned up from the cake decorating mess and the first guest was at the door! We had a few families over and a lot of kids, but I think everyone had fun. We set up a slip-n-slide and inflatable pool in the backyard for the kids to run around in the water. We also have a sandbox, slide and other little toys. Luckily our backyard shades over as the day goes on so the kids were mostly not in the sun. It was HOT to say the least! Richard went to Little Caesar's to get a few pizzas because you can't beat a large pizza for $5 (and you don't even have to order, they are just waiting for you!). After dinner we did the pinata, cake and ice cream and then presents. By the time all was said and done it was nearly 7:30pm! Calli was asking to go to bed, but the girls were sandy, grassy messes so I had to throw them in the bath.

Thanks to everyone who came to Calli's party, she had such a great time and it was really special!
Calli posing with her decorations and cake before the party started
The cake
If you know our little Serena you know how much she absolutely HATES the water. So imagine my surprise when I walked to the end of the slip-n-slide and saw her sitting in the water playing happily!! We hadn't even put her bathing suit on her because we figured she wouldn't go anywhere near the water, but we were so wrong!
Tanner, Calli, Izzy and Natalie playing the pool
Grandma Keri and Jameson beating the heat inside
Serena again playing the water, so happy!

Pinata time!!

Time for cake!!
Happy Birthday to You!
Blowing out her candles
Calli getting ready to open her presents
Our friend make this adorable sweater for Calli. The back says "Princess in Training"

1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

Wow, I can't believe she is 4 already!! I can't believe you have 3 kids under 4 and are sending out announcements and doing awesome blogs!!
Looks like a great time and like you all are doing well.
Miss you so much, wish we could have been there!

Powered By Blogger