Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Calli-isms

On Getting Old


Calli: Mom, sometimes people get older and sometimes they get younger.


Me: No, people always get older. That's the way life works.


Calli: Mommy, I don't want you to get old! I want you to stay just the way you are.


M: I would like that too, but unfortunately I will get older.


C: Like trash that we throw away because it is old?


Yes Calli, like trash that we throw away. I am so glad you have such a way with words. Thanks for comparing your mom to garbage.




On Staying Little


Calli: I don't want baby boy to get big! I want him to stay little forever.


Me: I wish we could keep him little forever but someday he will probably be bigger than all of us!


Calli: Let's shrink him.


M: I don't think it works that way.


C: Yes it does Mom.


*runs over to bookshelf and grabs her thickest book, which she balances on her head*


C: We'll get a big book and smash him so he shrinks.


M: We're not going to be smashing baby brother


C: No, not now! When he gets bigger someday.


Oh, silly me. It would be mean to smash him now, better to wait when he's a little bigger, then it's acceptable.


2 comments:

Heather Guymon said...

That is so stinking cute! I love this age!

dennisandsong said...

So funny! Wait until she's so mad at you she tells you that you smell like fish!! Good times!!

Powered By Blogger