Monday, July 13, 2009

A Day at the Zoo

On Sunday we decided to go to the zoo. I wanted to try and get there as early as possible before it got unbearably hot. It was still hot, but hadn't hit the hundreds yet. We were also able to cool off a bit by going to indoor exhibits in the zoo. I was excited to go because I thought Serena would really enjoy it. She is in the animal loving stage and the last time she was at the zoo she was too young to appreciate it. The girls both had a great time and Jameson snoozed most of the trip.
Us girls at this display near the zoo entrance
This is how Jameson entered the zoo - sleeping away!
First stop was the flamingos. They were Calli's favorite color: pink!
They have a butterfly exhibit which Calli got really excited about seeing. We had to pay $1 each to go so just Calli and I went in. At first she thought it was neat but then started freaking out about all the butterflies flying around. Every time a pack or even just one flew toward her she freaked.
A butterfly landed ON ME. They told us this could happen and you are not supposed to touch them. You just have to wait until they fly off on their own. Well the longer the butterfly was on me the more scared Calli was getting. She kept telling me she wanted to leave but this darn butterfly would not get off! Finally I had to ask someone what I should do and the nice butterfly keeper lady got it off and we left.
This butterfly flew on Calli and I snapped a picture before she could notice it and freak out. Luckily it flew off before she saw.
Serena really liked the monkeys. They are all looking at a brand new baby monkey, born less than a month ago.
Calli the monkey!
Serena enjoying more monkeys
Richard and the girls with the jaguar. This one was just hanging out, trying to stay out of the sun.
Calli and me feeding the fish
My new double stroller full of kids and hard at work!!
This was my favorite part, for the sole reason that it was an indoor exhibit with air conditioning!! They have a special Africa Live exhibit (although I don't know exactly what is so special about it). Calli and Serena are looking at the hippos in the water.
And here we are leaving the zoo. As you can see, the babies are wiped out, but Miss Calli wanted to take a ride on that train behind us. We decided not this time!!


1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

what a fun day! You look great by the way!! I am so hoping we see you guys in person soon, as we start checking out San Antonio as our next move, please don't move to Dallas!!!

Powered By Blogger