Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Smile and say CHEESE!

Jameson has started to smile. He first did it when my mom was here visiting and he was about a month old. I was really surprised and didn't really think he was doing it at first because it seemed too soon! I remember Serena taking a long time to smile (she was nearly two months before she cracked a grin). But when I got my Your Baby This Week: 6 Weeks email from http://www.babycenter.com/ it told me that babies start smiling around this time. Now I realize that Calli was smiling early as well and Serena was just a late smiler. Funny enough, Calli grew into such a happy baby, always with a laugh or a smile, while Serena was much more stingy with her goofy grins. She is better now and easier to get smiling, but still not quite as happy-go-lucky as her sister. Now I am wondering if this means Jameson will take after Calli. I love my Serena girl more than anything, but I do prefer a personality like Calli had at her age.

Anyhow, Jameson has started smiling more and more and at other people. I have noticed that Calli can usually get a smile out of him. He just adores his big sisters and can just stare at them forever. Calli loves this because she will proudly proclaim "he smiled at me!" The first gummy smiles a baby gives are absolutely adorable and I hope he continues to do it more and more. I much prefer that to the crying! But he has been pretty laid back the last few days and is content just hanging out with everyone. He has been a pretty easy baby, after his rough start to life.

So not only is Jameson getting huge, but Serena is growing up too! She isn't talking a lot, at least not nearly as much as I remember Calli at her age, but I am not concerned. She continues to impress us with everything she understands. She will go fetch a diaper and wipes to change her bottom or get her shoes and sit down to put them on. She helps to dress herself and will even go potty on the toilet sometimes. I am SO not ready to take on the challenge of potty training a fifteen month old while I have a newborn so it's good she likes to use the toilet, but I'm not going to go into full blown potty training mode just yet. Besides, I did that with Calli and that never worked out so well!

One of the cutest Serena moments happened a few days ago when she got ahold of Calli's camera. I was half paying attention to her and half trying to get dinner on the table. I heard her making some noises and saw her holding the camera in the air. Finally I stopped to really see what she was doing and every time she held the camera up she made a noise like "cheeeeeeese". I guess she has seen the CHEESE routine done quite a few times now when I pull the camera out. Serena is also becoming quite the climber. Her favorite thing to do is pull out the kitchen chair and climb onto the table. Then if Mommy was smart enough to leave the napkins on there she likes to go through and take each one out, tear it in shreds and make a big mess.
Our sweet baby! So far all our kids have beautiful blue eyes and I love it!
And here is Serena on the table. Richard went to pull her off and I said "no let me take a photo real quick!" So I ran to grab the camera, pointed it at her and she started to get off the table. Apparently she loves to take (pretend) photos but hates having hers taken!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger