Sunday, January 23, 2011

Girls Night Out!!

I have been really wanting to take the girls to see the newest princess movie in theaters.  Tangled (the story of Rapunzel) came out a few months ago and we have just had so much going on that I haven't been able to make it to the movies with them.  So yesterday was the day!!  I looked up the movie times and they happened to be playing at 6:30pm, which was perfect because it wasn't too late.  Calli requested to wear pjs and so I put her and Serena in the Minnie Mouse sweats we had just purchased at The Disney Store earlier ($5 on clearance!!) and matchy shirts (opposite colors).  I wanted them to be comfortable and warm and of course they looked cute too ;).

We left a little early and I was thinking since this movie has been out awhile it would not be very crowded.  Well, I could not have been more wrong as I think the show was sold out!!  The theater close to our house does assigned seating when you buy your tickets (I am not sure if this is something that is happening in all theaters or just this one but I REALLY don't like it).  Since Serena is two I do not have to buy her a ticket, but thanks to the dumb assigned seating she won't be guaranteed a seat.  I am fairly certain that the nice ticket lady purpusely did not seat anyone next to us because not long after we sat down a family of four came in having the seats almost next to us, skipping the one.  I really don't think there would be any other explanation for that seat randomly being skipped so that was very nice of her.  I wouldn't have minded holding Serena and I was thinking she would end up in my lap anyway, but she actually sat in her own seat the whole time and felt like a big girl I think.

I was originally going to get a popcorn for us all to share and I had smuggled in some juice boxes and lollipops for the girls.  But upon getting up to the concessions counter and seeing the child options for popcorn, a drink and a bag of teddy grahams, I thought "how often do I get to take my girls to the movies?!"  Not very much.  I decided to splurge a little and bought each of them their own little popcorn meal and a small popcorn for myself.  I can never resist buying popcorn at the movies, especially when you add your own hot butter...as much of it as you want!!  We go to the movies maybe once or twice a year so it is a real treat and I always think, why not just go all out?  If we went every weekend, it would be much different, but we don't so each time we do go it is a treat.

The movie was really, really cute!!  The baby Rapunzel reminded me of Serena, with her chubby little cheeks and long blonde hair.  The girls really liked it and I did too.  We will definitely be adding it to our DVD collection when it comes out.  And Calli is now even saying she wants a Rapunzel birthday party.  I think it's a little soon to be discussing a June birthday, but we shall see!

And after the movie I made a spontaneous decision to take the girls next door for some Coldstone ice cream.  Yes, it was about 40 degrees outside, but it was 8:30 at night and the only treat place open that late.  We had fun eating our desserts before heading for home.  I had soooo much fun just my daughters and me and I would love to do things like that more often.  This quality time with my kids was something I had made a resolution about and I am sticking to it!!  I didn't realize how difficult it would be to spend one on one time with each kid when you have three.  With one, it is simple.  Even with two, each parent can trade off spending time with each kid, but three is a challenge.  Luckily Jameson is still young so I am not to the point where I can take him out for "dates" yet, but I can't wait for that!!  I will love taking my little son to a movie or wherever he wants to go.

(I couldn't decide which photo I liked best, so I just posted them all!)


No comments:

Powered By Blogger