Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sunday Fun




Two Sundays ago we woke up and decided to go to Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast.  One thing San Antonio really lacks are great donut places (and just breakfast in general) and while I don't love Krispy Kreme, they have to do in a pinch.  Plus it is fun to go and eat there and when the Hot N Ready sign is on you all get a free donut.  So we walked in and each got a hot glazed donut for free!  Some of us opted to purchase second donuts (and some chocolate milk and coffee).  I had taken my Sunday paper from home and spread it out to peruse while the kids amused themselves.  Now, we had gone out for the day with the assumption that Krispy Kreme would be our only stop and then we would head home, but plans changed despite the fact that I hadn't showered.  I know it's not that gross if you bathe on a regular basis, but I hate leaving the house for an extended period of time without showering for the day.  We were pretty far from home and Richard mentioned a few places that maybe we should check out nearby.  We ended up at Target first because that was the only place open that early.  Yes, despite the fact that it was 9am stores here do not open until 10am on Saturdays.  Best Buy was our next stop to look at cameras.  The sales associate was very helpful with my questions so I left knowing which camera I wanted to buy for my birthday when the time came.  We headed to Outdoor World after that, which is not exactly up my alley, but it's this huge store of hunting and fishing and outdoor sports.  We spent a little while in there before deciding that since it was noon we should probably eat lunch.  So it was off to Willie's Grill for some yummy hamburgers (a free birthday burger for me!!) and letting the kids play in the sandbox there.  Poor Jameson was still a little under the weather so by this time he wasn't having the best time.  I didn't realize exactly how miserable he was until he was 100% better and back to his normal, crazy, goofy self.

So that was our day.  Donuts, Target, cameras, Outdoor World and lunch, all before showering for the day.  But it was fun!!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger