Thursday, January 6, 2011

Why I hate allergies

I am miserable.  From head to toe, I AM MISERABLE.  I kind of forgot just how bad allergies feel because it has been a whole year.  And I might have thought "maybe last year was a fluke and I'll be fine this year".

Well folks, I am here to tell you that it is not a fluke.  Once you develop allergies, good luck getting rid of them.  And don't come here because you WILL get allergies and you will suffer for the rest of your days.  Itchy eyes, runny and stuffy nose, general aches and pains and just tiredness are a few fun things that come with this.  It doesn't really matter that the weather has been dreadfully warm this winter; the calendar says it's the season for sickness so the cedar comes out to play.  Imagine waking up with your worst cold ever every morning, but instead of knowing that it will go away in a few days and you will be back to normal, you have to endure three months of it.  I'm pretty much a ball of sunshine to be around right now.  And it doesn't help that Jameson has come down with something and has been difficult for the last two days.  Aside from the love of my family, I can find no redeeming qualities in life right now.  I'm sick, I'm bored most days, I'm hot and I'm just generally unfriendly because the rest of this population is so why not join right in.

I'm itching for some change.  I know the good Lord has big plans for me and I'm just waiting to find out what those are.  One of the things I constantly need is patience and that is being tested big time right now.  I need patience with everything in my life from my kids, to the move, to myself.  I know the best way to acquire patience is to practice it, but that is easier said than done.

Yes I know, it's another downer blog from the perennially negative mom of the year.  I can barely focus on the computer screen because my eyes are so heavy from itchiness and my nose is redder than Rudolph's from all the blowing of it I've been doing.  I just feel like a total mess, so I do think I have earned a pass to complain a little.

Sometimes life is just not fair.  And no I don't want to deal with it.  Now excuse me while I go and get my cranky son up from the nap he is refusing to take.  It should be another fun filled afternoon of whining, crying, and endless holding.  I promise a more positive attitude in my next blog!!  For now, I just needed an outlet for my frustration and I need someone to say "I get it because I am going through it too".  This just confirms what I have always believed: moms should not be allowed to get sick or have allergies.  IT'S JUST NOT FAIR.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger