Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cookies and Cupcakes, Oh My!

I felt quite like Suzy Homemaker yesterday! After all my cleaning I made and decorated cupcakes for Calli's Christmas party today at school and I made cookies (from scratch!!) for the cookie social they're having there too. I was up late decorating, but it was fun. I had bought these stencils of Christmas things from the craft store and was extremely disappointed with how they turned out. I suppose they would work better on sugar cookies that didn't have icing: they need a flat surface without icing because otherwise they will stick to the icing. Anyway, I finally gave up on the stencils and freehanded these ones. I wish I could have made a second batch and called this one my practice batch because there are only a few in here that I really like. I got better as I went on, but oh well. The kids will devour them in two second and never appreciate what is on them anyway!

So we are just hanging out until about 11:30 when I have to go pick up the pizzas for Calli's party and bring them to school.

The little ones eating their breakfasts!



No comments:

Powered By Blogger