Sunday, December 27, 2009

Week One

Well my first week of training for the half marathon is over. It was an easy week because it's all distances that I've run before. Monday I ran three miles, Tuesday I ran two miles, Wednesday I ran three miles again and Saturday was my long run of four miles. I was supposed to cross train on Friday, but it was Christmas and I'm technically not doing the twelve week program yet so I let myself slide. Saturday we got up bright and early though to head to the gym. I had my mind set on four miles and I knew I could do it. The most I have run at a time is five miles, so it will be after that distance that I start to wonder if I can do it. I am really curious to know what it will be like, but I have a few more weeks of these shorter long runs to go before I do my first six mile run.
Richard bought me a pedometer for Christmas and I'm very excited about it. This way I will be able to track the distance that I run outside instead of having to drive and map out the miles in the car. I can just set out and go where ever my legs take me and I will have my trusty pedometer to tell me how many miles I've traveled. I can't wait to use it!
So there you have it; Week One is in the books and tomorrow begins Week Two. My schedule is exactly the same so there will be no surprises.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger