Monday, December 28, 2009

Looking Back on 2009...and Ahead to 2010!

It was a pretty great year I have to say. We saw Serena turn one and Calli turn four. We had the birth of our first son that turned us into a family of five. We had a really fun family vacation, lots of visits from grandparents and friends and special memories from all the holidays. I coached my first year of soccer, decided to run a half marathon next year and raised my babies. Richard finished up his classes at school and is thisclose to getting his degree. Calli participated in her second dance recital, her second, third and fourth seasons of soccer and started preschool. Serena started walking at the beginning of the year and hasn't slowed down since; she gives the best hugs and kisses and has the sweetest voice. Jameson entered the world this year in dramatic fashion, had to get a helmet to correct his flat spot, popped his first two teeth and is almost crawling.
So that is 2009 in a nutshell. But what am I really looking forward to? 2010...
January will bring my 25th birthday. I will be a quarter of a century old! In April we will celebrate Serena's second birthday on Easter. A week later we will be in Dallas and I will be on the starting line to run my first half marathon. After that we'll have our second family vacation at the same spot as the first and it will be a wonderful experience. In June we'll throw yet another first birthday, this time for our little boy, who will no longer be wearing a helmet and no longer have a lopsided head. We'll be throwing a fifth birthday party for our first born baby girl, who is no longer a baby but will be off to kindergarten in the fall. In August we will celebrate Richard's 28th birthday and then be all done with the birthdays for the rest of the year. In September I'll kiss Calli goodbye and send her off to her first day of school, something she can hardly wait for. October will bring Halloween and November will bring Thanksgiving, followed by my favorite, Christmas in December. Somewhere in the midst of everything, we'll be making a BIG move, which is perhaps the absolute most exciting thing to me of all.
Stay tuned, it should be a fabulous year...

1 comment:

dennisandsong said...

Sounds like a great year!! 25 is a good year! That's funny you'll run your first half at 25 me, my first full at 35! FUN! We rock!

Powered By Blogger