Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!


Ooops.

We had the best intentions not to spoil our kids. A low-key Christmas because let's face it: our kids have nearly every toy on the planet. The toy box is over flowing, the girls' room is cluttered with toys, we have toys coming out of our ears. But somehow, after wrapping up the last of the presents yesterday, our tree ended up looking like this:


In my defense there are quite a few presents from Grandma and Grandpa Ratcliff, Grandma and Grandpa Claxton, Auntie Kendra and Great-Grandma Bev...but still!

Also in my defense, most aren't indoor toys. I won't go through the list, but for the most part they happen to either be outside toys, clothes, bedding items, books or DANCE CLASSES for a year (for our little ballerina who misses her dance class so much).

All in all, I am happy to report that I am *almost* done Christmas shopping. Jameson needs his "Santa present" still but that is pretty much it. I've made three trips to the post office and will have one more to make if my sister's present I ordered online ever makes it's way here.

Christmas is fast approaching (three days away!!) and yet it doesn't feel like it. Tomorrow Calli and I will go to the Nutcracker ballet in the evening. Christmas Eve morning will be spent at the mall meeting Santa. And Christmas Day will be full of presents, empty boxes and miles of crumpled wrapping paper. It's supposed to be my favorite time of the year. I am trying.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger