Monday, December 21, 2009

Enchanted Springs Ranch

On Sunday we were looking for something fun and Christmas-y to do. We'd pretty much done everything, but I found this ranch place online out in Boerne (about a thirty minute drive) and thought it looked like fun. Apparently it is used for movie sets and just other fun things year round. They had a Christmas theme going on now so there were lots of holiday activities. I'm totally NOT a Western, cowboy kind of girl, but it was fun to walk around and see everything.
All their buildings were old western themed and it was cool! Here's Calli in front of the....courthouse I think??
Of course I had to take a picture in front of the California sign!! And I think I fit right in with my 49er shirt on, don't you?!
Richard in Calli in front of the General Store (I didn't know they had snowmen there!!)
Calli and Serena playing a bean bag toss game; this was probably Serena's favorite part of the day.
Calli the elf
Serena the snowman
Calli had to ride THIS pretty horse specifically. I was hoping Serena would ride, but I was lucky she got within five feet of this animal.
Calli got to sit in Santa's sleigh!
Calli making an ornament
Family photo!
Calli helping her sister make an ornament
Mrs. Clause told the story of The Night Before Christmas and then this guy came out and did a puppet show. That is supposidly a cow. It was a little weird, but Serena liked it (she was sitting in my lap).
After story time we went outside for the kid races. They divided them up into age groups (3-5yrs, 6-8yrs and 9-12yrs). They had to sit on a tractor tricycle and weave between logs and then around a barrel and come back to win. On the way back it was steep and the first round Calli had trouble pedaling and needed a little help. She won by a hair and advanced. She just needed that first practice round because she really got the hang of it and didn't even need my help after that. She won first place!!



Serena cheering for her big sister!
Calli won a prize of candy and a little horse purse - she was so excited!
Calli sitting on Woodrow the...steer I think??
The last thing we did was watch Pistol Packin' Paula's gun twirling show. She twirled guns and cracked bull whips and then danced with all the kids.

Okay I lied, the last thing Calli did was sit on this swing

No comments:

Powered By Blogger