Friday, March 5, 2010

Elmo, Sleet and Chuck E Cheese

A few weekends ago we went to Borders for their storytime and celebration of Elmo's birthday. We are huge Elmo fans here so I marked my calendar for this event a few weeks prior to it taking place. It turned out to be a really great way to spend an hour. First the kids got to color a birthday card for Elmo. Then they were read a story and sang some songs. They got to color some more pictures and then did a raffle (we didn't win anything...better luck next time!). The best part was when they handed out CUPCAKES. I got a VANILLA one for Serena because I knew chocolate would be a huge mistake. Calli chose a chocolate one for herself of course. And at the very end they handed out goody bags that included a book, stickers and candy. And the best part was that everything was FREE. I love Borders!! I wish we had one near our house instead of the Barnes and Noble. Oh well, someday!

I take the kids to a fun playplace close by a few times a month. I met up with my mom's group there on this particular trip. At one point I spotted Calli and Serena playing air hockey together so of course that turned into a photo op.
We have some CRAZY CRAZY weather here (did I mention crazy?). They say Texas is the bipolar state. They say if you don't like the weather here, wait five minutes and it will change (this does not apply for the months May through September). Anyway, two weeks ago we had an ice storm come through one day. I was crossing my fingers for snow, but we just got some lame sleet. Calli was in preschool and Jameson was napping, so I bundled Serena up and took her outside to play for a few minutes.
You can see the ice coming down a little better in this photo
And here is Jameson on the first day he started pulling up. The couch is now his best friend. He is lucky he is so tall, it won't be long before he can climb right on it.
And of course the dreaded stairs present a problem. He can get up on the first step usually. Didn't I JUST put that gate away when Serena mastered the stairs??

Jameson loves this toy now that he can pull up. He is also better at sitting up so he can sit and play with it.
Here's a shot of his head. I know what you are thinking. "Lady, you are crazy, his head looks round!!" Trust me, it looks different in person. There's kind of a bump on the top left side where it hasn't rounded out completely. Just trust me when I tell you that in person, it looks worse. And you can see that bulge in his forehead on the left side and his ears are out of alignment. Yes, we are sooo much better from where we started, but we're not there yet.
I am the keeper of the gate and thou shalt not enter!
Serena, Jameson and I went to Chuck E Cheese when Calli was at preschool on Thursday (shhhh, don't tell her!!). My mom's group was having a meet up there and it was really fun. It is so nice to go during the week, especially when it first opens. It is very clean first thing in the morning, we were the only ones there for the first hour or so and best of all, there are tons of free tickets!! One of the employees goes around playing all the games to make sure they work and then leaves the tickets in each of them for the lucky first customers to have. Score!! Serena had so much fun and I was able to just sit at a table with Jameson and my friends while she ran around and played. This bike was her favorite thing to do and she spent lots of tokens there!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger