Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pinkalicious!!

This has been a favorite book in our house for awhile. If you have never heard of it, you are missing out! You are also behind because now they have Purplicious and Goldilicious too! There is a children's theater here putting on a play of Pinkalicious. I absolutely LOVE children's theaters! We have been to a few, both here and in CA and they seriously rock. There was one theater here I used to love that shut down last year so that was sad. I had never been to this particular one (The Magik Theater) but I always see the information in the paper, local magazines and online. A friend from soccer has season passes to the theater and graciously offered to take us to a showing of Pinkalicious on Friday evening.

We started off the night with pancakes at IHOP (yum!). We got to the theater nice and early to get the perfect seats. Popcorn and drinks were so reasonably priced (just $2 for popcorn and $1 for a drink!) so we loaded up on those too. And of course I had to get Calli a Pinkalicious shirt, wand and tiara, which she loved.

The show was fabulous. I thought it would be just a boring kids play that I would have to suffer through in the name of love for my daughter, but it wasn't like that at all. It was funny and peppered with some (clean of course!!) adult humor to keep us entertained. The hour flew by and it was over before we knew it. We stood in line on the way out to get the cast's autographs and pose for pictures with them. We can't wait to go back another time for a different show!

My very own Pinkalicious, all ready for the show!
Mommy and Pinkalicious (of course I had to wear pink too!)
Calli in her new shirt, tiara and wand with the stage in the background
Calli and one of the bees (buzz off, I am not a flower!!)
Calli and Peter, the little brother. He turns PINK at the very end.
Calli and Pinkalicious herself :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger