Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthdays and Allergies!

Sorry I've been away so long. It hasn't been the best few weeks for me but I'm moving forward and looking up!

I had a wonderful morning and early afternoon on my 25th birthday. Thank you to everyone who sent cards and presents, I loved them all! It was a perfect day for a January birthday: rainy and fifty degrees (and let me tell you: after the below freezing temps we had been getting the last week, fifty degrees felt warm; 50 DEGREES WAS HOT! It was fantastic). I dropped Calli off at preschool and went to the mall to meet a friend. We let the little ones play in the play area and we also shopped a bit. I got some more books at Waldenbooks and some shirts at American Eagle as well as some clothes for the kids at Gymboree. We had really bad Chinese food at the food court for lunch before I left to get Calli from school. A stop at the mailbox brought a birthday present from my best friend. We hung out at home until Richard was off work and I started to not feel so great. I was really tired and took a short cat nap on the couch, but still wasn't feeling well when I woke up. I felt a little nauseous and had the chills and absolutely no appetite. So going out to dinner was out of the question and I barely forced down a few bites of my Baskin Robbins birthday pie. I was feeling better the next day, but I was so annoyed that I was sick on my birthday! How unfair is that?! Richard got me the best birthday present; a Garmin Forerunner 305. It is a watch that has a GPS in it and tracks my running distance, calories burned, heartrate, pace and has LOTS of other cool features that I haven't even begun to explore yet. I am so excited to use it and will hopefully get that chance this weekend.

I had taken a week off of running to let my injury heal and decided to get back out there yesterday. I went to the gym at 8am and hopped on the treadmill ready to run. I was only able to go 1.25 miles before the pain was unbearable and I couldn't run through it anymore. I left the gym so frustrated, upset and overwhelmed. I am training for a HALF MARATHON in April and I can barely run a mile? How is it that the one thing I want to do for myself in the last five years is being denied to me? I came home and called the doctor to make an appointment for today. The Nurse Practitioner diagnosed the problem as my SI Joint being inflammed. So she put me on anti inflamatories (Aleve) and I can try running again in 3-4 days if I feel better. If it's not working by then I can also try this rehab program they have in the office that gets athletes back out there in just three days. So either way, I feel better knowing that this problem will be solved and I just have to hold on a little longer. I am itching to run again. I hate just sitting around and not being active.

So aside from that injury, I've just been pretty miserable with my allergies also. I have really bad days and it's getting so annoying. (in case you are wondering what we are dealing with vs. the rest of the US, here is your answer).

The youngest two, Serena and Jameson, have also been snot nosed messes the last few days as well. Calli seems to not have developed allergies, but give it enough time here and I'm sure she will. So I've been wiping lots of noses lately!!

We've been busy with playdates, birthday parties, doctors appointments and all that stuff in between. But I enjoy when life is busy because it makes it go by faster and fills up my days :). Tomorrow I think I am off to get my feet evaluated to find the perfect shoes for running. I want to minimize the chance of getting another injury so I am desperate to do anything!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger