Friday, January 22, 2010

Great Wolf, Here We Come!!

It's booked!
Our family vacation for 2010 will take place at the same venue as last year's vacation and almost at the same time as last year's as well. WE CAN'T WAIT! This has to be one of the most fun places on earth: THE GREAT WOLF HOTEL. If you have never been, you should go ASAP. We will enjoy four nights and five days at this indoor water park and fabulous hotel. We are planning to drive up to Dallas on the morning of Saturday, April 10th and stay at a different hotel close to downtown. Sunday morning is my race (yay!) and then later that day we'll check into the Great Wolf and spend four nights there, driving home on the 15th.
Going during April is absolutely ideal. Last year we practically had the place to ourselves since it was off season and the weather was very wet and rainy (here's hoping for more wet weather up there this April!). They keep the water park heated to 84 degrees all the time so you're never cold no matter what (the water is also warm). I am looking forward to this year even more than last year because I AM NOT EIGHT MONTHS PREGNANT!! I might even go down a water slide or two. The girls are also older and Serena is past her stage of hating the water so she will enjoy this year a lot as well. Last time Calli had a blast, but Serena cried whenever the water touched her. This year I am predicting Serena will have just as much fun as Calli. And Jameson will be ten months old and hopefully close to walking. He seems to enjoy the water so I don't foresee having the issues we had with Serena. Overall, I am so excited for this much needed family vacation and we can't wait to get there!
Here are some of my favorite photos from last year
I will never forget the amazement I felt when we were approaching the hotel for the first time. It was just so much bigger than I thought it was going to be and it looked awesome from the outside!
Calli loved going down this water slide over and over
Every night around 7-8pm we put on our pjs and headed down the lobby for story time and a performance (there's nothing to be afraid of in the forest....nothing to be afraid of)
Pictures with Wolfie!
The hotel rooms were SUPER COOL
And of course our family photo in front of the huge fireplace in the lobby. We'll be sure and get another one this year, with the baby in my belly sitting in my LAP this time.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger